Tuesday, November 24, 2015

20020404 Austin TX

We got on the road about 8:30. Bill left to play golf, so we wanted to be up to say good bye to him. We took 30 to 35 W going south. We stopped at a Walmart in Hillsboro to get a couple of things, including ice. We stopped in Austin TX to go to the Wildflower Center that Lady Bird Johnson started. We bought some postcards in the gift shop and I got a discount for being a member of Landis Arboretum. They had some beautiful things there. I was very tempted to buy a skirt, blue denim with embroidered flowers on it, only $40. I can’t get over how flat the terrain is. When we go up on an overpass. you can see for miles. We drove on towards San Antonio TX and looked over our coupon books and decided to stay at the Comfort Inn out on Rt 10. It is 6 miles out of town, but the tour bus comes to pick up guests. We are on the ground floor and the car is right outside our room. That is the way I like it, because I can run out when I forget something or want to bring in all my stuff. Ate dinner at the restaurant right next to motel. Made reservations for a full day tour of San Antonio. 



No comments:

Post a Comment