Tuesday, November 24, 2015

20020514 Olympic Peninsula WA

We had our breakfast at the hotel before we walked over to get the ferry. We had no problems getting through customs at either end. I was glad I had my passport. The customs officials really wanted that, not just a USA driver’s license. We got back to Port Angeles WA and went to have lunch at the Chestnut Cafe, a very nice place. I had some kind of pizza, like 3-cheese French bread. We drove down Rt 101 to the Hoh Rain Forest on the Olympic Peninsula. Mary Harriett and I walked around for half an hour. There were lots of moss, big sword ferns, douglas fir, cedar and spruce. The trees were very big, but we didn’t see any giant ferns. We went down to Kalaloch Lodge, where we checked in and had dinner. I ordered the salmon, which was delicious, but expensive. There was a small grocery store next door. Mary Harriett got muffins for us for breakfast, so we wouldn’t have to pay $10 in the morning to eat. I walked down by the ocean after dinner and waited until sunset to take some pictures. It was quite cool, I had on a sweat shirt and was barely warm. There was no TV in the room, so we showed Arlene the pictures of our trip as far as we had them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment